Sunday, June 29, 2008

Moving on

I was supposed to meet with my trainer today, but she called me and said she would like it if we could skip today since we are doing Monday and Wednesday this week. She didn't want to over train me. I don't know if that is possible. I need all the help I can get, but since our company was still in town, we rescheduled. Bet you are thinking that I didn't go to the gym since I wasn't meeting with the trainer. You would be wrong. I went and put in 2 miles jog/walking on the treadmill and put in 5 miles on the stationary bike. I was very proud of myself that I got some time in at the gym.

While jog/walking on the treadmill I thought long and hard about my current state and where I need to be. I need to get healthy. I need to get in better shape. I was thinking to myself... "I used to be an athlete! If you were to look at me now you would never know that!" So I decided that I need to somehow get back to being more athletic. I am not sure if that means signing up for more events or finding a sport or what but I am going to try to find my groove. I don't want to be portly, pudgy or stout. I want to be lean, athletic and strong. I have decided that I am moving on. I am sure there will be times when I slip and times when I fall along the way but I just have to pick myself up and move on.

No comments: