Wednesday, April 16, 2008

4-16-08

Today I am to do a 50 minute bike, 10 minute jog, 10 minute walk. I am not sure if this will get done exactly like this as I have my first meeting with for my free training session at 24-hour Fitness. So I am sure that she will have me do weights which is a good thing.

Meals Today:
Breakfast: cup of cottage cheese, 3 strawberries, turkey jerky
Snack: Orange
Lunch: protein bar & more jerky
Snack: 4 stuffed jalapenos w/ranch
Dinner: blackberry muffin

I signed up for the yearly membership to the USAT which means if I enter 3 triathlons my membership is a wash. If you are not a member it costs $10 extra for each race. I also went ahead and registered for the race in Eunice on April 26th. I am officially entered. Now I just have to keep up with my diet and training for the next 9 days.

Evening was much more unproductive than I had planned. I did 20 minutes on the bikes (4 miles) before I met with the 24hr Fitness trainer. She was a few minutes late helping someone else. My time was supposed to start at 7:30 and I believe end at 8pm. We started about 7:40pm and I didn’t leave until 9pm. This would not have been bad but we didn’t actually do any weight training. All she did was take my stats, measure me, do the fat caliper (which I detest), do a core assessment, fill out paperwork, hand me take home paperwork to read, and show me some stretches. A waste of valuable gym time in my opinion. I sure hope that next time will be a lot more productive. She is very nice and seems to know her stuff but is a little scatter brained.

No comments: