Monday, August 5, 2013

Lights Out at 10pm!

Tonight it took everything I had to make me get out and run. We had some late stuff come up so we didn't end up finishing dinner until around 9pm and by the time I got all ready to head out for the run it was 9:40. I don't mind running at night. We have a school by the house that is very well lit. It would be better to have someone to run with but I don't mind doing it by myself. I do find that when I haven't run for a bit I have to work harder to make myself not throw in the towel for every little thing. That thing tonight was when I found out that the lights go out at the school at 10PM. I was thinking that I could totally pull off a nice walk/run at the pace I was going 4 minutes run/ 3 minutes walk when total blackness fell upon the road. It is pretty crazy to be running in the bright light one minute to almost full blackness the next and right now there is no moon out either. On a positive note I did notice that I could see more stars than usual and I love to look up at the stars and day dream while I run. I found myself wanting to throw in the towel as soon as the lights went out but I told myself that I was tired of excuses to cut the run short. I wanted to finish it tonight and not have to quit early for something beyond my control. I just kept on going putting one foot in front of the other until I reached my 35 minutes.So here is to another night of running under my belt. Hope you had a great workout today too! Questions: What do you think about to keep you moving? What makes you want to throw in the towel?

No comments: