Monday, September 22, 2008

3 Weeks and Counting

There are 3 weeks until the Try Andy's Tri. I am going to see what I can do. I spent 2 weeks doing jack with Hurricane Ike making a visit when I should have been riding Ike the Bike. Oh well! Looking ahead tonight I went to the gym and Nina worked my booty off. Which is exactly what I need cause I got a lot of junk in my trunk. I will probably not be able to lift a finger or get up from my chair at work since I spent Sunday cleaning limbs and leaves and fence out of my yard all day and worked out today. The great feeling of sore muscle accomplishment. 
For my 3 week training plan I am going to complete Weeks 10-12 on my original plan even though I know my running (I mean trotting) is not where it should be. I will walk it if I have to. This weeks training:
Monday- Trainer & 20 min jog
Tuesday - 48 laps (1200 yards) swim 
Wednesday- 30 min bike, 20 min jog, 30 min bike, 15 min jog
Thursday- 45 min jog
Friday- Rest
Saturday- 90 min Bike, Swim sets 10 x 100 with 1:00 rest
Sunday- 2 min jog, 2 min walk repeater for 45-60 min

Sometime before the race I need to practice swimming in open water atleast once. Maybe this coming weekend I can convince Josh to make a trip to the lake. 

Now my big goal for the rest of the year is to lose 20-30lbs by my 33rd. Wouldn't it be nice to lose 33lbs from now to my 33rd. I will have to do the math on that one but that would be pretty cool. I believe that is 3lbs per week for the next 11 weeks. That isn't unreasonable. 

On a very personal note I want to thank everyone who checked in on us over the past week and half. All of the thoughts and prayers really meant a great deal. We are blessed. A special thank you to my aunt and uncle who let us stay at their place for a week. To all of the disaster relief workers and volunteers in every capacity.... Thanks a Million!!! 

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Good luck with the training! You are going to do great!

Jilligan said...

Technically, you could do that on the WOE. I did 32 in eight weeks. Now I know it is the next 32 that will kick my butt.

J~Mom said...

Glad you are doing well!!