Friday, June 28, 2013

Get the Family Involved

I find that I am more likely to get my exercise done if my family is involved. My son is in karate and this coming December he has to be able to do 50 push-ups and 50 sit-ups so we have started working on this now so by then it will be easy for him. To help keep him motivated I started doing them along with him. I need the workout and he needs the reminder to get them done. It has been fun doing this over the last two weeks. We are both getting better. I realized how far I have to go and he likes competing against me. It has been a win win for both of us. He has really enjoyed keeping a log of his progress as well. I need to start doing that too. MOTIVATION by watching the progress. Last night we tried something a little different. I have seen a lot of great lists of body weight exercises on Pinterest. We tried one out last night. This is what we did: 30 Jumping Jacks 5 push ups 25 High Knees 7 Burpees 10 Crunches 7 Squats 5 Push ups 10 Crunches 5 Push ups 7 Squats 30 Jumping Jacks 1 min Wall Sit 5 Push ups 25 High Knees We both made it through without too much huffing and puffing. The best part was watching my 2 year old daughter try to do it all along with us. After we finished my son asked what exercises we were going to do the next day. I think it was a hit! Make working out a family event. It is good for everyone. What types of things do you do to stay active? Any good family activity ideas?

No comments: