Thursday, October 9, 2008

What's up?

So what's up with me you ask. Well lets see. This week I spent Sunday hanging out with the family. Woke up from a nap with my son with the worst knee pain ever. Even had to take some Vicodin to help me get it bearable enough to sleep at 3am. 

Made it to work Monday for most of the day but had to leave early to get the good Doctor to work on my knee. Still hurt when I left but much better. Had to cancel my appt. with Nina my trainer for Monday night. I offered to go in and do upper body but she reminded me their are stairs and so I bowed out gracefully. 

Tuesday the knee felt soooo much better. Still some pain but no where near like it was before. At this point I realized there would be no race for me this coming weekend. Talked to my bud Josh and broke the news, but told him I would make the best cheering squad ever. I am soooo proud of him. If you get a chance check out his before and after pics here. He is down 130.2lbs since January 2007. Now he is about to do his first Tri! 

Wednesday knee much better except on the stairs. Long day of work making up for hours on Monday and Tuesday. After work my little guy and I spent the evening running errands. 

Thursday the knee is much better. Worked another long one and then hurried home to change for the gym. Met with Nina and we did a nice little circuit of mostly abs and core. Knee was a little tender to the touch so I am curious to see how it holds up tomorrow. After my workout went to the grocery store and saw a very interesting cover story on Woman's World. As most of you know there is a whole crew doing the WOE (way of eating) from this great book Crack the Fat Loss Code. It was featured in the Oct. 13th issue. A sample menu, great info and success stories. Even more proof it really works. All the people I know who have tried it are having great success. On another weight loss note for today I signed up for Viv's Marathon Season Independence Weight Loss Challenge . I am looking forward to it. Check it out if you get a chance. And again Happy Birthday Viv!!! 

Looking forward to Friday and this weekend!

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Absolutely amazing! He's down 130 lbs?!? Congrats to him! I'm sorry you won't be able to race though :-(

Viv said...

Great job, Josh. Take care of that knee you made the right choice about skipping the 5k sux but smart. Have a great weekend.

Thanks for the challenge plug & birthday wishes :-)

carla said...

here's hoping the knee is STILL BETTER.

Ive been there with that shooting throbbing pain.

MizFit

teacherwoman said...

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to race. I hope the knee is treating you better.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Hope your knee is feeling better. Sorry about the race!