Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What a Difference a Day Makes

I bet you think I am going to talk about how much better and more rested I feel after Monday. You would be wrong. I do feel a little more rested yes, but I had so many things conspire against me today it isn't even funny. First of all my plans for the triathlon at the end of October were officially put to rest. We have a schedule conflict that came up today that I just can't get out of or schedule around so I am thinking that I will continue with my training plan but just do my own triathlon somehow that day. Also I am thinking of finding some more 5K races and other events a little later. I am signed up for a 5K at the end of September that I am really looking forward to. It is the B.I.G. Love Fun Run. I will post more on that event later so you can all see what a wonderful event and cause it supports. Now on to the other difference a day makes. In the afternoon right after dinner we were planning to go swimming again instead of a family bike ride. I was going to set up the trainer later so it was supposed to be a swim, bike, run day. I was nervously excited about doing all that in one day just to see if I could. I didn't make it to any of them. This stood in my way...Literally!

I was carrying something into the living room and didn't see it. I ended up with my right foot all tangled up in there. Hades it hurt. In the end I am pretty sure I agravated the foot and ankle not quite sprained but close, however I did end up breaking one of my toes. I know it is broken because I have broken two or three toes before. I have a bad run with breaking toes. I need to start wearing steel toe shoes everywhere. Most of my accidents happen at home in my house when I am not wearing shoes. So needless to say I am out of running and biking for a bit for sure. I will probably try some swimming in a few days.

I am super bummed at how this all turned out today but I am not giving up just taking a little break. Questions: Have you broken a toe before? How did it affect your training? How long were you out?

No comments: