Monday, July 22, 2013

Mosquito Run

Back from vacation and starting on my training for the week. Last week the family went to Colorado to enjoy some cool mountain air as opposed to the hot and humid Texas summer of the Gulf Coast. The weather was perfect. We did atleast two days of some good hiking and if you count airport and luggage carrying I got a few workouts in.
So tonight I headed out for my 35 min run/walk and was well into my second 4 min walk/ 3 min run split when the mosquito truck stopped to spray near where I was running. I didn't think this would be a big deal and just headed to the other side of the school however the truck stayed in the same spot and just sprayed for 10 minutes. Can I just say "All Chocked Up!" I had to cut my run short at 20 minutes because I couldn't breathe. I headed for home with my shirt over my nose and mouth to help block out the spray.
Tomorrow I have a 6 mile bike ride on the schedule. Hoping the weather holds up to go out with the family for a ride.

No comments: