Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I Conquered The Day

Early this morning I did a mile walk. It was a relatively nice morning and I wanted to get out and put in some milage before it got scorching hot. Check mark for the first part of my day. After I got everyone fed for dinner this evening we went out for a very quick bike ride. The whole family...It was awesome to ride all together. I can't wait to do more of it. I love when we all get active together. We did about 2.6 miles. Nothing spectacular distance wise but the sun was going down so we had to hurry. My two year was so excited to ride in her chariot again she did not want to get out once we got home. On my schedule for the day on the triathlon training plan was a 35 min run/walk, so after the family got home I put on my running gear and went back out. It was much muggier on the run than the ride. My weather app said it was 85° degrees outside but it felt like 95°. I can believe it. I have to be honest I haven't run since the mud run the first weekend in May. I was afraid that I wouldn't be up to the challenge tonight. It was a walk 4 min then jog 3 min day. I was doing pretty well when my phone ran out of juice so I had to end my run 5 minutes short of my 35 minute plan but I did 2 miles in 30 min. I know that is super slow for most of you but I am just getting back in to this and running is still a work in progress for me. I must say that at the end of my run when I was dripping in sweat I felt like a million bucks, so I took a picture so you could experience my post run glow. LOL
And the BEST part of the whole day is when i got home and my two year old daughter asked "Mommy where you been?" I replied "I was out running." She looks and me and says "Mommy I proud of you!" Melted my heart and is the reason why I am getting off my duff and giving this all another shot.
I hope each of you have a day like this one real soon and I look forward to even better ones to come.

Questions: What makes you feel accomplished? Do you run/walk? Do find listening to music makes the time fly in a workout?

No comments: